Schools are Waiting on COVID Response Information from the Minnesota Departments of Health and Education
We know many families are eager to learn what school will look like this coming fall and what COVID response requirements, such as masks and quarantine protocols, will be in place for Minnesota schools.
At this time, schools have not received the updated guidelines from the MDE and MDH, which will include recommendations and requirements for the upcoming school year for things like masking and COVID exposure protocols.
As a public school, River Grove will use this guidance as a baseline for our response and procedures. However, many of the decisions may determined at the state level, not by the school’s administration, teachers, or board. We anticipate receiving this guide soon and will work quickly to publish our localized guidance soon after.
As always, your students’ health, safety, and educational experiences are our utmost concern. COVID has presented many, many challenges. Our administration, staff, and school board appreciate your patience, constructive conversations, flexibility, and partnership in navigating the road ahead.
Important Dates & Info
Back to School Nights
1) Tuesday, August 24 — 5:00 – 7:00pm
2) Thursday, August 26 — 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Parents don’t need to attend both
- A few highlights:
- Treats provided by your PTO
- Presentation in the Commons for new families at 5:00pm (Tues) & 3:00pm (Thurs)
- New students — pick up your free River Grove t-shirt!
- Learn about after-school clubs
- Learn about community organizations for kids
- Go through last year’s lost and found items
- Drop off meds for health office
- Complete outstanding forms
- Meet your fellow River Grove families
- Learn where the classrooms are and get to know campus
- Drop off school supplies in classrooms
Monday and Tuesday, August 30 and 31
Welcome Conferences will be an opportunity for the teachers to meet with each student individually before the first day of school. Teachers may do some informal assessments to help better understand where their students are both academically and socially as we start the new school year.
Please look for the Signup.com scheduler in an email soon!
First Day of School & Weekly Schedule
- Wednesday, September 1 (for all grades)
- Click here to view the River Grove calendars on our website.
- Classes will be in-person 5 days per week
- At this time, River Grove does not plan to offer distance learning
School Hours for 2021-22
- 8:30am to 3:15pm
- Classrooms open at 8:15am
Thursday, October 14⋅8:30am – 3:15pm
Please Stay Tuned for …
- Welcome Conference Signups
- School supply lists (first part of August)
- Bus routes (mid August)
- Lunch calendar/order form (mid August)
- Class assignments (mid August)