Make a Direct Difference in Your Community!
Join the River Grove team as a reading or math tutor! River Grove is looking for reading and math tutors to give their time and talent to help kids become successful in reading and math. Tutors work one-on-one or in small groups with students during school hours throughout the school year.
No matter if you’re a recent grad, career changer, stay-at-home parent or retiree, you can make a great tutor — your most important qualification is a desire to help children succeed. No experience? No problem. Reading Corps and Math Corps provide comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students learn, so tutors are well equipped to help students grow.
Perks as a Tutor:
- Full-time perks include a paycheck every 2 weeks (comparable to an average of $15 hourly).
- Choose to assist students 35, 25, or 18 hours per week.
- Earn money for college tuition or student loans.
- Tutors 55 and older may give the award to their child, grandchild, stepchild, or foster child.
- Free health insurance and child care assistance for those who qualify.
Minimum qualifications by the beginning of your service:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
Ready to be the change for struggling students? Learn more at join.readingandmath.org. Questions can be sent to email@example.com or call 866.859.2825.
Tutors are hired by AmeriCorps, not by the schools they partner with.
Pingback: Academic, Social, and Emotional Support also Growing at River Grove – River Grove: A Marine Area Community School