Important Survey Due Tuesday 8/25
Dear River Grove Families
We can’t say it enough: Thank you for your patience and assistance as we continue to put together the many details on our fall 2020-21 reopening plans. We know this is a challenging time for you all as well; your flexibility is noticed and appreciated! In our survey you will find questions about:
- Transportation: Now that we have our Hybrid Model groupings, we can rework our transportation routes. In the first survey a couple of weeks ago, we asked for an idea of who might be able to provide parent transportation to help with our planning. Now, we need parent transportation confirmation for those to can provide it, and/or any changes to your situation that may have occurred as a result of the Hybrid Model groupings, or information from our new families.
- Childcare Needs
- Hand Sanitizer Sensitivity
- Education Benefits Applications and Meal Needs
We apologize for the tight survey deadline!
Hybrid and Distance Learning Model Fundamentals
Hybrid Learning Model
River Grove’s Hybrid Model of instruction will be delivered using many principles of the “Inverted Classroom” and “Blended Learning” approaches. Students participating in the Hybrid Model will be given daily lessons crafted by their assigned teacher that can be accessed on-campus or at-home. Using a Blended Learning approach in combination with the enrichment of interacting with an amazing natural campus environment, we feel we can create unique and rigorous learning opportunities for all students. Students are expected to complete a “full day” of instruction whether working at-home or on-campus.
Some key principles of this model include:
- Reduction of students on campus to 50% occupancy load capacity or less
- Rigorous daily lessons designed to meet the needs of every student
- Daily interactions opportunities for all learners with their assigned teacher and class
- Standardized platforms to access learning from home
- K-2 Seesaw
- 3-6 Google Classroom
- Lessons designed to address Minnesota State Standards but also honor mission/vision of River Grove
- Monthly progress conferences for all students
- The use of “Outdoor Classroom” spaces, whether on-campus or at-home