Originally posted 1-4-22
- Consider getting vaccinated. Public health officials state that “Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself and your community.”
- Don’t send students to school sick, even if it is just a “slight cold.”
- If you or your child has symptoms of any kind, please get tested.
- Visit this Washington County webpage for the latest testing location information: https://www.co.washington.mn.us/3304/Get-Tested-for-COVID-19
- Masks: Recent guidance suggests that the most effective masks in preventing COVID are N95, KN95, KF94, or to a lesser degree surgical masks. The school strongly encourages these more effective masks for all staff and students. (See https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211229/cloth-masks-vs-surgical-n95-what-to-know. )
- Bus transportation: If you are able to transport your students to and from school instead of using the bus, please consider making the switch. This will significantly reduce the possibility of quarantining large mixed cohorts of students. If you can make that switch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.