River Grove Elementary: A Marine Area Community School
Phys Ed Position Announcement
Posted June 30, 2017
Location: Located at Wilder Forest, 14189 Ostlund Trail North, Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
Grades/students (at capacity): 200 students in Kindergarten through 6th grade (two sections of third grade)
Status: Authorizer is The Minnesota Guild
Marine Area Community School will utilize the natural resources, history, arts, and civic stewardship of the community to create and sustain a student-centered, teacher-designed, and community-supported learning environment.
At Marine Area Community School, our community is our curriculum. The school is nestled in natural amenities and part of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, supported by a civically engaged, multi-generational community and inspired by local artists, craftsmen and community members, the School will provide its students with a strong foundation for civic engagement, responsible leadership and lifelong learning. Marine Area Community School is where academics lead to grounded, resilient children and a stronger, healthier community.
Title: School Custodian, Part-time
This position is responsible for providing exceptional cleaning and custodial services to our five-building school campus. Specific duties will include restroom sanitation and supply restocking; vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of all classrooms and common areas; garbage and recycling collection; and other light cleaning duties. This is a 25-30-hour per-week position, with an anticipated starting wage of $11.00-14.00 per hour.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use
Applicants must possess a high-school diploma or equivalent. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check.
One year of previous custodial experience is required.
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Complete the on-line application.
- Submit an introductory letter in Microsoft Word or .pdf format, including your pay expectations
- References will be requested after an initial interview.
- The position will remain open until filled however; applications received by 4:30 p.m. on November 17, 2017, will be given preference.