Thank you for your interest in Grove Elementary!
If your child is new to the school, WELCOME! Applications are still accepted. Please start with the student application. If spaces are available in the class, we will send you an invitation to complete the official enrollment form. If the class is full, your child will be placed on a waiting list. Students will be enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis after the lottery until classrooms are full. Enrollment information is available here, and the student application is here.
Most enrollment questions can be answered by our enrollment policy or the below FAQs. For additional questions, contact email@example.com.
- Enrollment Policy (.pdf)
- Enrollment Application for 2017-18
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting the application form.
- When is the application available for the 2017-2018 school year?
- The application is available on this website and will be accepted anytime. However, for first enrollment, applications received by August 25, 2016 at 4:00 PM will be placed into a lottery to determine ranked order of acceptance.
- How is enrollment determined?
- According to the charter school law of the State of Minnesota (Statute 124E.11), Marine Area Community School must hold a random lottery for the available openings in the school if there are more applicants than openings for each grade level. The deadline for submitting an application eligible for the lottery is August 25, 2016 at 4:00 PM. All applications received by this deadline will be equally considered. Applications received after the deadline will be added at the bottom of the waiting list in the order they are received. The lottery order also determines the order of our waiting lists.
- Do enrolled student siblings or children of Marine Area Community School employees have preference in the enrollment process?
- Siblings and children of Marine Area Community School employees have preference in the enrollment process. If a student is currently accepted in Marine Area Community School, their sibling will have priority in the class in which they have made an application before the deadline. Any staff member employed with Marine Area Community School, will have priority for their children after sibling preference.
What grades will MACS serve?
- The Marine Area Community School will begin educating students in grades K-6 at the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
- How many spots are available in each grade level?
- Once the facility is contractually finalized, K – 6 class sizes will be determined and number of spots available provided to applicants received to date. This facility is anticipated to be committed Spring of 2017.
- Will busing be available to Marine Area Community School?
- Current legislation requires busing of students within Stillwater District 834 to be provided to students attending the Marine Area Community School. Students not residing within District 834 may not have busing provided.