Welcome New Students for 2021-22!
For the 2021-22 school year, prospective students may submit kindergarten through sixth-grade Pre-Enrollment Applications beginning 9:00am on Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
Those who apply during the December 1–January 29, 2021 Open Enrollment period will be placed in a Lottery, which will be held on Friday, February 5, 2021, at 10:00am.
Applications received after January 29, 2021, are added to the list for an enrollment invitation or the waiting list (depending on the number of open spaces in the grade applied for) in the order they are received.
Please see below for complete new student information and timeline.
NEW STUDENTS: General Timeline of the Admissions Process and Important Dates
Individual Family Tours Available
Come to Our Open House!
Saturday, January 23, 10am – 1pm
Sign up for an individual family tour at our socially distant Open House: Saturday, January 23, 10am – 1pm.
Call (651) 409-3122 or email email@example.com for more information.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 9:00am, to Friday, January 29, 2021, 3:00pm
Open Enrollment Period for 2021-22
- 2021-22 Pre-Enrollment Applications accepted for the school year that begins the following fall.
- Applications received at any time during this Open Enrollment period are equally likely to be offered a classroom position, with the exception of board-approved enrollment preferences (see Enrollment Policy).
- All applications received during Open Enrollment are put in a lottery to determine the placement in class and order on the waiting list for any available openings.
- Parents/guardians are fully responsible for completing the correct Pre-Enrollment Application within the Open Enrollment Period to be included in the Lottery.
- Because we are a public charter school in Minnesota, students who attend River Grove must maintain a primary Minnesota residency. This is due to the Minnesota Department of Education’s interpretation regarding out-of-state student enrollment.
Saturday, January 23, 2021 10:00am – 1:00pm
Open House for Prospective Students
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, our Open House will be by appointment so that we can conduct socially distant tours one family at a time.
January 29, 2021
Open Enrollment Ends
February 5, 2021, 10:00am
Lottery for 2021-22
In the Commons Building. This webinar will be viewable on Zoom. Please email the school for login information before 9:45am: firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 30, 2021, to the Beginning of the School Year
Pre-Enrollment Applications Will Continue to be Accepted
Pre-Enrollment Applications will continue to be accepted. Students are placed in a class (or if the class is full, on the waiting list) on a first-come, first-served basis with the exception of board-approved enrollment preferences (see Enrollment Policy).
Starting Mid-February 2021
Offers of Enrollment for Kindergarten
Kindergarten offers of enrollment begin in mid-February. Emails will be sent with links to the official on-line Enrollment Form. Applicants will have five (5) business days from the date the email was sent to return the signed Enrollment Form with a photocopy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Prior to the Start of School – Parents must schedule Early Childhood Screening and registration appointments within your own resident school district.
- Early Childhood Screening is a mandated program for all children entering kindergarten in Minnesota. The district census list of 3- to 4-year-olds is used to obtain names and send notices about screening dates.
- If you are unsure as to whether your child is on the census, you may check with the Stillwater’s Enrollment Office at 651.351.8412. Appointments for the screening typically last one hour and are held at the Early Childhood Family Center, 1111 Holcombe Street S., Stillwater MN 55082, and can be made by calling 651.351.4022.
- If you do not live within District 834, check with your own resident school district’s enrollment office.
Late February, 2021, to Late Summer
First- Through Sixth-Grade Offers of Enrollment
First- through sixth-grade offers of enrollment are made based on class openings using the confirmed returning student list and established new student waiting list. Emails will be sent with links to the online Official Enrollment Form. Applicants will have five (5) business days from the date the email was sent to return the signed Official Enrollment Form.
As long as spaces are available, River Grove plans to continuously enroll students for the 2021-22 school year. If a student completes an application for River Grove for the 2021-22 year after offers of enrollment for the next year go out to other new applicants, and the class becomes full because of new applicants, that student is placed on the bottom of the waiting list for the 2021-22 school year.
Board-Approved Adjustments to Waiting List Placement
To allow families to remain together, if a student’s sibling officially enrolls, the student’s place on the waiting list may change. In other words, siblings of students are moved up the waiting list when a sibling enrolls in the school.
For example, if a kindergartner enrolls for the next year, his/her older waitlisted sibling will move ahead on the waiting list.
Please see the Enrollment Policies for further information on enrollment priorities.
Spring Parent Info Meeting
Summer Parent Info Meeting
Invitations to Enroll will be offered as classroom openings become available. All of our families are asked to inform River Grove if their school plans change as soon as possible. The goal is for every student in every grade to be able to participate in the first day of school with their new classmates.
RETURNING (Currently Enrolled) Students Who Wish to Enroll for 2021-22
Friday, January 15, 2021
Intent to Return Form Open
The returning student form for all currently enrolled students will be posted.
Monday, February 1, 2021
Intent to Return Form Due
The returning student form for all returning students is due to school office to confirm spot for the next school year. Currently enrolled students are guaranteed placement for the following year, as long as the signed Returning Student Enrollment Form is turned in by the due date.
Placement (Invitations to Enroll) for new 1st to 6th graders will be offered as classroom openings become available. All of our families are asked to inform River Grove if their school plans change as soon as possible. The goal is for every student in every grade to be able to participate in the first day of school with their new classmates.