This person will perform a variety of responsibilities for food service operations including such things as menu planning and ordering, food preparation, meal serving, clean up and cashiering, in a manner that contributes the safe and efficient operation of the kitchen site and also the safe and timely availability/delivery of meals and/or services.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans monthly menus for the school year.
- Places order with food vendor weekly or as needed.
- Works with other cafeteria and office staff to communicate the menu and order forms to the school community.
- Is aware of and complies with Department of Health instructions and mandates.
- Unloads deliveries from truck and places in appropriate storage areas by lifting and carrying boxes.
- Stores incoming food shipments properly in storeroom, maintains storeroom in a neat, orderly manner and ensures all food items are stored at the appropriate temperature.
- Verifies food quality, quantity, and freshness when receiving food.
- Temps food upon receipt and before serving.
- Retrieves ingredients/food items needed daily from appropriate areas by lifting and carrying to food preparation area.
- Prepares and serves food according to menus and portion controls.
- Ensures that all food preparation is done in a timely manner as to meet lunch service schedules.
- Places dishes in dishwasher and cleans dishes in pot and pan sink as needed.
- Stocks dishes, glassware and silverware as needed.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area at all times.
- Sweeps and mops the kitchen floor as necessary and at the end of each day.
- Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the School Director.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe the school dress code.
- Operates all equipment appropriately as required.
- Cleans and maintains kitchen facilities.
- Reacts to change productively and handles other tasks as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the school.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reading Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Google Email and Calendar
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior food service/restaurant experience helpful.
Please complete our Job Application