Posted August 10, 2020
Job Title: Paraprofessional, General Education
Position Summary: The essential function of the paraprofessional position is to support our teaching team’s facilitation of learning at an exceptional level.
Key tasks of the position will include:
- Assisting individual or small groups of children on educational tasks as directed by the licensed teacher to reinforce learning concepts.
- Distributing instructional materials and maintaining classroom equipment.
- Monitoring individual and / or groups of students in a variety of settings (ex. snack time, playground activities, learning centers, field trips, classroom, etc.) .
- Promoting positive student behavior and teaching excellent learning habits.
- Maintenance of student files and records to ensure their accuracy and ability.
- Additional tasks might include:
- Supervision of lunchroom, recess and student arrival/dismissal
- Data entry of student lunches
- Assistance with the transportation of students
- Ideal candidates will have experience in year-round outdoor recreation, with a variety of learners and abilities.
- Ideal candidates will have previous elementary level work experience and extensive understanding of student behavior
- Ideal candidates will have experience honoring student strengths, creativity, and leveraging a connected pedagogy.
- Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Must have the ability to calmly and effectively deal with a variety of unexpected circumstances.
- Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
Candidates must have complete one of the following:
- Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (a minimum of 60 semester credits or the amount required to complete two years of full-time enrollment as defined by the institution attended); or
- Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; or
- Demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics (or, as appropriate, readiness for each of these subject areas). This third option is usually accomplished by obtaining a minimum score of 460 on the ParaPro test.
To Apply for this Opportunity:
- Complete the on-line application.
- Submit a resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- References will be requested after the initial interview.
- This is a part-time position varying between .4 to .8 FTE. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
- Applications will be considered as they are received and until the position is filled.
- Please submit any questions regarding this position description or the Marine Area Community School to email@example.com