Posted August 10, 2020
The Health Paraprofessional, under the direct supervision of the Licensed School Nurse, assists the School Nurse and provides support with routine procedures, clerical, and other non-professional duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (some or all may apply):
- Assists the School Nurse with the following (but not limited to):
- management of students with injury, illness, and health maintenance or prevention needs as directed;
- management of students/staff with medical emergencies or crisis situations;
- vision, hearing, and postural screening (includes screening process, documentation, referrals and follow-up);
- triage routine health office visits;
- documentation of student visits;
- preparation of field trips;
- medication administration;
- maintaining databases for health services (to include but not limited to sports, Physical Education, history and consent, immunizations, and health concerns).
- Performs minor first aid treatment.
- Maintains cleanliness of health office (includes wiping down furniture, etc.).
- Performs clerical duties as required, such as completing forms and reports, correspondence, distribution of mass communications, filing, inventory/requisition of supplies, and assisting with parent communications.
- Helps to maintain current information and knowledge of school district policies and procedures.
- Participates in educational or in-service programs to increase working knowledge as required.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality as per school policy.
- Supervision of students walking between classes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
A high school diploma or General Education Development test (GED) and either two years of college credit or an associates degree or higher. Current certification in CPR, first aid certification, and health care experience preferred.
To Apply for this Opportunity:
- Complete the on-line application.
- Submit a resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- References will be requested after the initial interview.
- This is a part-time position.
- Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
- Applications will be considered as they are received and until the position is filled.
- Please submit any questions regarding this position description or the Marine Area Community School to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this unique and inspirational leadership opportunity!