School Psychologist for 2022-23 School Year
(0.6 – 1.0 FTE)
To Apply: Please Complete the Online Application
Location: River Grove is a public charter school serving students in grades K-6, located in the beautiful Wilder Forest. Our incredible campus setting, on 73 acres of wooded and lake property, is utilized on a daily basis to provide a unique learning program that emphasizes the outdoors and place-based learning. Project-based learning is incorporated in each classroom.
We are seeking candidates for a part- to full-time school psychologist position to help grow our blossoming charter school.
Improve Academic Achievement & Support Diverse Learners:
- Promote student motivation and engagement
- Conduct psychological and academic assessments
- Individualize instruction and interventions
- Manage student and classroom behavior
- Monitor student progress
- Collect and interpret student and classroom data
Support Diverse Learners:
- Assess diverse learning needs
- Provide culturally responsive services to students and families from diverse backgrounds
- Plan appropriate Individualized Education Programs for students with disabilities
- Modify and adapt curricula and instruction
- Adjust classroom facilities and routines to improve student engagement and learning
- Monitor and effectively communicate with parents about student progress
- Monitor individual student progress in academics and behavior
- Generate and interpret useful student and school outcome data
- Collect and analyze data on risk
Promote Positive Behavior and Mental Health:
- Improve students communication and social skills
- Assess student emotional and behavioral needs
- Provide individual and group counseling
- Promote problem solving, anger management, and conflict resolution
- Reinforce positive coping skills and resilience
- Promote positive peer relationships and social problem solving
- Ability to work alongside other professionals and community specialists as co-teachers of students
- Effectively engage and involve classroom volunteers
- Demonstrate strong skills in classroom presentation and management including excellent organizational skills
- Engage strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, parents, and community members from diverse backgrounds and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to build and maintain an environment for students that emphasizes community and is structured for engaged student learning
- Utilize Responsive Classroom methods to foster community building
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students when necessary
Responsibilities to the School Environment:
- Assess the needs of the class and prepare requests for materials, furnishing, and supplies within the framework of the budgeting process
- Responsible awareness and implementation of school policies
- Attend school events as required by the school
- Perform duties as a shared staff community including student supervision in common areas as determined by staff collectively
- Contribute to the School’s efforts by partnering with other staff to contribute to student achievement and the alignment and sustainability of resources
- Work with the teaching team to evaluate colleagues
- Perform other duties relevant to the success of the school
Child Information and Evaluation:
- Participate in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings for Special Education children, including referral, intervention, and planning phases as needed
- Ability to evaluate student performance and to present evaluations in a manner that fosters higher student achievement
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with system used by school; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the School board/ Authorizer
- Work with the teaching team to determine which assessments, in addition to the state mandated exams, will be used to evaluate student performance
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the academic development of the student; participate in parent teacher conferences
Salary and Contract
The School Psychologist position is offered as a part- or full-time position during the school year. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants are asked to describe their salary expectations in submitted materials.
Thank you for your interest in this unique and inspirational leadership opportunity!
- School psychologist degree
- Valid Minnesota school psychologist license
- Experience working with students
- Charter school experience preferred
- Outdoor/environmental education background
- Work in the Outdoors: River Grove teachers and students frequently spend the majority of their days in our outdoor setting (weather permitting), enjoying our amazing campus.
- Professional Development: River Grove provides professional development for new staff depending on needs and interest, but always including best practices of teachers in building a safe and inviting climate for learning.
- Travel: Teachers are provided opportunities to participate in training provided in the Twin Cities, across the U.S.
- Career Track and Advancement: Many opportunities are available to River Grove staff, depending on their interests, efforts, and expertise.
- Be a Part of Something New! River Grove is in its sixth year and is still forming new traditions and experiences for staff and students.
This position requires vocal communication, hearing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pushing, pulling, use of hands to grasp and feel, and vision abilities including close, distance, and adjusting focus. Lifting/moving required frequently up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds or more. Work occasionally requires exposure to bloodborne pathogens and is generally in a moderately noisy location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.