Title: Special Education Teacher
Posted June 23, 2020
As a place-based learning environment and one purposefully centered on being teacher-powered, the School will create new professional opportunities for teachers, where teachers are responsible for the learning program and have the collective autonomy to make decisions influencing school success. The School will strive to ensure a unique and magnetic culture that empowers educators and celebrates the distinct attributes of all students and the learning environment.
A valid special education teaching license issued by the Minnesota Department of Education.
Teacher Positions Available:
- We are seeking applicants for an opening for a Special Education Teacher 1.0 FTE. Part-time also considered.
Primary Responsibilities, Knowledge and Skills Required:
Under the guidance of the Special Education Director and Coordinator, the Special Education Teacher is responsible for assisting the school in assessing and identifying students with special education needs. The job of Special Education Teacher was established for the purpose/s of providing instructional programming within the assigned caseload with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom and/or in a self-contained classroom; implementing plans for instruction and behavior; monitoring student progress and teaming with regular education teachers.
Salary and Contract
The Special Education position is offered as a full-time position during the school year. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants are asked to describe their salary expectations in submitted materials.
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Complete the on-line application.
- Upload a .pdf or .jpg of your license, if possible.
- Submit a resume in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- Submit a response to the Primary Responsibilities, Knowledge, and Skills Required in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- Include your salary and contract expectations
- Include your teaching philosophy in 300 or fewer words
- References will be requested after the initial interview.
Please submit any questions regarding this position description or the Marine Area Community School to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this unique and inspirational leadership opportunity!