Grove Elementary: A Marine Area Community School
Art Specialist Position Announcement
Posted July 17, 2017
Location: Located at Wilder Forest, 14189 Ostlund Trail North, Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
Grades/students (at capacity): 200 students in Kindergarten through 6th grade (two sections of third grade)
Status: Approved to open in 2017; Authorizer is The Minnesota Guild
Marine Area Community School will utilize the natural resources, history, arts, and civic stewardship of the community to create and sustain a student-centered, teacher-designed, and community-supported learning environment.
At Marine Area Community School, our community is our curriculum. The school is nestled in natural amenities and part of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, supported by a civically engaged, multi-generational community and inspired by local artists, craftsmen and community members, the School will provide its students with a strong foundation for civic engagement, responsible leadership and lifelong learning. Marine Area Community School is where academics lead to grounded, resilient children and a stronger, healthier community.
Title: Teacher, Art Specialist, Elementary (K-6)
Candidates selected to fill the role of art teacher for Marine Area Community School will have the opportunity to provide art instruction to Kindergarten through sixth grade (maximum class sizes of 25 students) in a unique school setting. The Marine Area Community School is a campus of buildings nestled in a wooded environment and embraces outdoor learning opportunities in all subject areas. A teacher powered school, candidates will have opportunity to participate on the staff team for school decision-making.
- Hold a Minnesota teaching license in Art.
- Demonstrated successful experience in art education.
- Ideal candidates will have experience honoring student strengths, creativity, and leveraging a connected pedagogy.
- Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
Salary and Contract:
This is anticipated to be a 0.2 FTE position (likely one day per week). However, there may be opportunities for flexibility if additional time is desired.
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Complete the on-line application.
- Upload a .pdf or .jpg of your license, if applicable.
- Submit a resume in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- Submit an introductory letter in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- Include your salary expectations
- References will be requested after an initial interview.
Applications will be considered as they are received and until the position is filled.
Please submit any questions regarding this position description or the Marine Area Community School to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this unique and inspirational leadership opportunity!