Grove Elementary: A Marine Area Community School
Special Education Teacher Position Announcement
Posted August 3, 2017
Location: Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota
Grades/Students (at capacity): 200 students in Kindergarten through 6th grade (two section of third grade)
Status: Approved to open in 2017; Authorizer is The Minnesota Guild
Job Title: Special Education Teacher
NOTE: This is a second special education teacher position at Grove.
Grove Elementary: A Marine Area Community School is a new tuition-free public charter school opening for the 2017-2018 school year in Marine on St. Croix, MN. The mission of the Grove Elementary is to utilize the area’s natural resources, history, arts, and civic stewardship of the community as a foundation for the study of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, physical education, art, and other curriculum subjects. The place-based learning environment will be student-centered, designed by teachers, and reinforced and supported by the local community.
- State of Minnesota licensure in at least one area of special education. Preferred areas of emphasis include SLD, EBD, and or ABS licensure
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience
Under the direction of the Director of Special Education, the Teaching Team, and School Administrator, the Special Education Teachers will provide quality services to K-6 students as outlined by the State of Minnesota rules and regulations.
As a member of the staff team of Grove Elementary, a teacher-powered school, the Special Education Teachers will demonstrate a commitment to team participation, planning, and implementation of student programs including specialized instruction and consultation/collaboration with the general education staff and parents and guardians of enrolled students.
- Creating and executing behavior plans for students, collaborating with and schedule contracted related service providers (speech, OT, psych, etc.), and active participation in the Child Study process.
- Prepare student education plans in collaboration with parents and IEP team members.
- Act as a coordinator of IEP implementation with general education staff and related service personnel.
- Design specialized instruction, both individual and small group, which parallels the general education curriculum and Minnesota State Standards.
- Assist and support other professional staff with information, strategies, and methods (including assistive technology) for serving students with special education programs in the general education setting.
- Provide training and information to paraprofessional staff.
- Maintain appropriate student data and other records and complete/submit reports as required. Communicate with and update MARSS coordinator as needed, execute the Tuition Billing process.
- Assist with the management of classroom and special education space(s), materials, and equipment.
- Support and serve the school in alignment with mission and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This second Special Education Teacher position is offered as either part- or full-time during the school year, depending on the availability of the person hired and need at Grove. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants are asked to describe their salary expectations in submitted materials.
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Complete the on-line application.
- Upload a .pdf or .jpg of your license, if possible.
- Submit a resume in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
- In your cover letter, please:
- Include your salary and contract expectations
- Include your teaching philosophy in 300 or fewer words
- References will be requested after the initial interview.
Applications will be considered as they are received and until the position is filled.
Please submit any questions regarding this position description or the Marine Area Community School to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this unique and inspirational leadership opportunity!