Dear River Grove Kindergarten 2019-20 Families,
We thank you for choosing River Grove for your child. We look forward to developing a successful and enjoyable relationship with your family.
Our goal is to provide a warm and welcoming environment where your child can grow and thrive. If you missed the April Orientation dates, or are a new enrollee, please contact us to set up a tour. We hope this initial visit will help you and your child become familiar with our school, as well as give us an opportunity to answer your questions.
We will provide further details about our mission and vision, busing and lunch program, curriculum and schedule, preparing for the transition to kindergarten and opportunities for volunteering. We will also highlight unique opportunities such as Spanish instruction, our Warner Nature Center Partnership, and 6th grade buddy program.
Below is a list of forms we will need.
Thank you for entrusting us with your child’s education. Feel free to contact our school office with any questions.
Health and Office Forms for Incoming Kindergartners 2019-20
REQUIRED HEALTH AND OFFICE FORMS
- Emergency Contact (completed with your enrollment application)
- Birth Certificates (if you did not already submit them with your enrollment form)
- General Health Form with a physician’s signature
- Immunization Records (your clinic can fax us the records at 651-538-1022; we also need you to sign and date side 2 as appropriate)
- Physical Activities and Assumption of Risk
- Sunscreen/Lip Balm/Insect Repellent and Topical OTC Medication Form 2019-20
- Transportation Needs Form
- Early Childhood Screening Form (Required prior to the start of school for all kindergartners)
Parents must schedule Early Childhood Screening and registration appointments within your own resident school district. Early Childhood Screening is a mandated program for all children entering kindergarten in Minnesota. The district census list of 3- to 4-year-olds is used to obtain names and send notices about screening dates. (More info about Early Childhood Screening in Minnesota.)
If you are unsure as to whether your child is on the census, you may check with the Stillwater’s Enrollment Office at 651-351-8412. Appointments for the screening typically last one hour and are held at the Early Childhood Family Center, 1111 Holcombe Street S., Stillwater MN 55082, and can be made by calling 651-351-4022. Please schedule your appointment prior to the end of this school year.
If you do not live within Stillwater District 834, check with your own resident school district’s enrollment office.
OPTIONAL HEALTH FORMS — COMPLETE AS NEEDED
- Prescription Medications to be given at school
- This form needs to be updated annually if your child requires prescription medication at school
- Non-Prescription Pain Reliever
- Authorization for Self-Administration of Asthma Medication at School
- Serious health conditions
- Allergies/anaphylaxis form
Please contact the school for any other health concerns
OPTIONAL OFFICE FORMS — COMPLETE AS NEEDED
- Application for Educational Benefits 2019-20 (1 per family)
- Volunteer Application and Background Check Form (complete both to volunteer at River Grove). The McDowell Agency requires $21.00 per person to process the background check. Please make your check to “MACS.”
- Directory Information Opt-Out 2019-20 — Complete this form by September 1 of the school year only if you are opting out of Directory Information
All forms can be:
- Mailed to: River Grove Forms, 14189 Ostlund Trial North, Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
- Scanned and emailed to: email@example.com
- Faxed to: 651-538-1022