Expand Your Child’s Learning Opportunities!
River Grove is a K-6, tuition-free public charter school in Marine on St. Croix, MN, just minutes north of Stillwater, MN. River Grove’s community school structure, natural surroundings, and small school environment create the ideal blend of social, developmental, and academic benefits for your child. Read our latest news here!
- Our highly educated, experienced, and enthusiastic teachers mean your kids are academically challenged and ready to succeed in their next steps
- Supportive, small school setting
- Enriched band and orchestra meets twice per week and starts in 4th grade
- Extra time at lunch and to play or explore outdoors
- Natural setting takes learning beyond the classroom
- Free busing for District 834 residents
Into the Outdoors
Children need a broad variety of learning experiences and settings. Our stunning forest campus gets students out of traditional classrooms, turning our many alternative learning spaces into a springboard for everyday curriculum. [ READ MORE ]
A Small Community School with Experienced and Dedicated Teachers
Our engaged families and community members partner with our exceptional staff to ensure students succeed academically; are supported socially, emotionally, and physically; and learn in a safe and healthy environment. [ READ MORE ]
A Place Where Children Thrive
Our teacher-powered school empowers your child's educators to determine the curriculum and delivery, enabling innovative, responsive, and personalized teaching methods. Why? Because students are happier and more engaged in their own learning! [ READ MORE ]
Check Out River Grove's Merchandise Store!
Options for both youth and adults include t-shirts, sweatshirts, fleece, masks, and more! As a great bonus, the school receives 15% of all sales as a donation back to the school. [ READ MORE ]
COVID-19 Info for 2021-22
Minnesota schools received updated COVID-19 response guidance for 2021-22 on July 28, 2021. Please read more here.
Next Board of Directors Meeting: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
The August 2021 meeting will be in-person in the Commons building on the River Grove campus. COVID-19 protocols will be discussed and may be voted on, with the understanding that the school may not have the authority to make decisions related to certain things like masks and other COVID safety measures if the state issues requirements.
- Contact the board via email with questions and concerns ahead of the meeting (go here for email information).
- To request to address the board during the community comment portion of the meeting, please email the Board Chair or Vice Chair. Please note the School Board’s Public Comment Policy (go here for link).
We are still accepting applications for our first-grade teacher. Please go to our Classroom Teacher Position Description page for more information.
Please read our news from February and March 2017
The Grove Elementary/MACS School Board will meet to discuss hiring in a closed session on Sunday, April 2, 6:45 pm, at the Earth Lodge building on the Wilder Forest Campus, 14220 Ostlund Trail North , Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047.
Next Board Meeting: Saturday April 15, 2017 —————– Grove Elementary: A Marine Area Community School (MN District #4254) will hold its monthly board meeting at 9:30am on Saturday, April 15, 2017, at the Marine Village Hall (121 Judd St, Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047). All community members and parents…