River Grove to Participate in the Free Federal Lunch Program
River Grove has been approved to participate in the federal program that provides free meals to all enrolled River Grove students. Free lunches will be back-dated to a start date of Thursday, October 1, so all students who took a lunch from Oct 1 to present will not be charged. (Lunches taken from the start of school through Sept 30 will be charged.) Participation in the program means that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will waive all fees for school meals through the end of the 2020-21 school year or earlier if funding runs out.
Please complete this on-line Lunch Order Form for each child and adult.
- Complete a new order each two-week period.
- Ordering on this form does not trigger a charge to your child’s lunch account. Your child is not charged for a lunch unless he/she actually takes a lunch on the day-of.
- After the subsidized federal lunch program expires, lunches will be $3.75 with milk choice (chocolate low-fat or skim).
- For those who qualify for the Free and Reduced Lunch program, the cost is $0.00. See below for the Application for Educational Benefits.
- River Grove can accept cash or checks for lunches. You may deposit any amount in your child’s lunch account. Please
- Mail your payment to PO Box 178, 14189 Ostlund Trail North, Marine on St Croix, MN 55047.
- Send a check or cash with your child in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Lunch” (an email to your teacher alerting him/her is helpful).
- Stop in the office during school hours (8:00 to 4:00).
- Place your payment in an envelope labeled with your student’s name and “lunch” in the after-hours lock box outside of the front office door (in the Earth buiding).
- If needed, please complete this Application for Educational Benefits so that we can determine who qualifies for Free and Reduced Lunch.