We are excited to announce our food-service vendor, CKC Good Food, which offers a wide variety of fresh, healthy foods that inspire children and adults to eat nutritious food daily, expand their appreciation of foods and cultures from around the world, and develop healthy habits for a lifetime.
CKC Good Food will provide a wide range of culturally diverse meals, with vegetarian and gluten/dairy/egg/soy-free options. (River Grove will also provide a nut-free table in the lunchroom.) Their meals are made from scratch, and ingredients are fresh and locally sourced when possible, and their bread products use 100% whole grain.
- Orders are due the MONDAY at noon prior to the beginning of the next week.
- Please complete this on-line Lunch Order Form for each child and adult, including those who bring lunch from home.
- Complete a new order each week.
- Prices for each lunch will be $3.50 (additional $0.50 for gluten-free). Additional cartons of milk will be $0.50. Lactose-free milk is available upon request. For those who qualify for the Free and Reduced Lunch program, the cost is $0.00. See below for the Application for Educational Benefits.
- River Grove will implement an on-line payment system in order to prepay for lunch. For our first month of operation, we will allow a credit on your account of $25.00. After September 29, 2017, the allowable negative balance will be $8.00.
- We will also accept cash or checks for lunches.
- We are asking each family to complete this very important Application for Educational Benefits so that we can determine who qualifies for Free and Reduced Lunch. In addition, your application helps the school qualify for education funds and discounts.
- Lunch menus will be posted on the Order Form.)
If families are interested, River Grove will start providing a “grab and go” cold breakfast. The price is $2.25 each.