Dear River Grove Families, Staff, and Community
Important Update 3/25/20
Today, the Governor Tim Walz announced that Minnesota schools will implement distance learning starting Monday, March 30 to Thursday, April 30. At this time, on-campus classes are scheduled to resume on Tuesday, May 5. (May 1 and May 4 will be staff-only days on campus.)
Distance Learning Status
- River Grove will email and post its “Distance Learning Handbook” by Thursday evening, March 26.
- Teachers will communicate lessons to families no later than Monday, March 30 at 8:00am
Picking Up Distance Learning Materials and Borrowing Chromebooks — SEE CHANGES IN RED
- Pickup for distance learning materials will be in the Commons building:
- Thursday, March 26, 3:00 to 6:00pm
- Friday, March 27, 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Saturday CANCELLED Because of new restrictions put into place by Governor Walz, the Saturday pickup has been cancelled.
- If you unable to come to either pickup time, please contact us for different arrangements.
- Please follow these instructions to help us maintain the MDE and CDC guidelines for social distancing:
- Park in the “Guest” (parent pick-up) parking lot.
- Please check in with the staff in the Commons.
- Enter by the front door.
- Only one family will be in the Commons at a time. If more than one family is present, we will ask you to wait outside by the front door and space your groups 6 feet apart.
- Each teacher will have a designated table for student packets and Chromebooks. Find your materials. If you borrow a Chromebook, make sure to tell the staff.
- Leave by the deck door.
- Childcare will continue to be located on the River Grove campus in partnership with the YMCA. The list of those essential to the COVID-19 expanded. If you are an “Emergency Worker in Tier I under the Executive Order” who needs childcare, please let us know.
- We will ask all parents to provide a letter from his/her employer.
If we are able to do so while adhering to the Minnesota Department of Health’s social distancing guidelines, we will try to accommodate the children of Tier 2 employees.
- Childcare links:
- Childcare Registration Form. Please provide us with 48 hours of advance notice.
- River Grove Childcare Policies and Info and Waiver.
- The YMCA has additional forms they will need upon student drop-off.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Employee Definitions.